Lucca Comics to Host 'SaTHORday' for Italy's Premiere of New 'Thor' Film
Nov. 2 will feature screenings of both "Thor" productions and "The Avengers," as well as a dress-up event based on the latest "The Hunger Games" movie.
ROME -- The new film from the successful Thor superhero franchise will have its Italian premiere at the upcoming Lucca Comics & Games Festival, organizers said Tuesday.
The Oct. 30-Nov. 3 Tuscan event, dubbed Saturday, Nov. 2, "SaTHORday," with the day's activities rotating around the premiere of Thor: The Dark World, directed by Alan Taylor and starring Chris Hemsworth reprising his role as the muscled Norse god from the original Thor and The Avengers -- both of which will screen ahead of the premiere of the latest film.
The festival will also give priority entry to any moviegoers dressed like any of the superheroes from the Marvel universe.
On the same day, the Lucca fest will also play dress-up with another anticipated blockbuster: The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, with models and one festival attendee invited to dress like characters from that film with the help of an acclaimed stylist and a designer. The selected festivalgoer will also be awarded a trip to Rome for the world festival premiere of the new Hunger Games film at the Rome Film Festival on Nov. 14.
Thor: The Dark World will open wide in Italy Nov. 20 under the umbrella of The Walt Disney Co.-Italia.
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire will be released in Italy a week later.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- A-Sides with Jon Chattman: Alexz Johnson Living "American Dream;" Pace & Revi and a Bicoastal "Hurricane"
- 'Game Of Thrones' Co-Star Reveals Lena Headey Had 'Mixed Feelings' About That Controversial Rape Scene
- Givin' 'Em Hell and Heaven: Conversations With Joe Satriani and Sebastian Bach
- Angel Haze Slams Homophobia In Hip-Hop, Discusses Sexuality
- Shantel VanSanten Leaves the 'Gang' Behind for Night of Music!
- Neil Patrick Harris Gets Support From Partner David Burtka at Opening Night of 'Hedwig and the Angry Inch'!
- 'Frozen' Soundtrack Nabs Its Biggest Sales Week, Stays at Number 1 for 11th Week
- Reese Witherspoon is All About Peeps in Her Easter Baskets!