Lucy Punch joins Kate Hudson film
Film Department's 'Earthbound' also stars Gael Garcia Bernal
Lucy Punch has been cast in the Film Department's "Earthbound," which begins shooting this month in Louisiana. Kate Hudson and Gael Garcia Bernal also star.
Nicole Kassell ("The Woodsman") is directing a screenplay by Gren Wells about a woman (Hudson) who learns she has been stricken with cancer before meeting a new guy. Punch will play the woman's best friend and advertising agency co-worker.
John Davis, Mark Gill, Robert Katz and Adam Schroeder are producing. Neil Sacker and Michael Goguen are executive producers.
Punch, repped by ICM, Benderspink and United Agents in the U.K., next appears in the Universal comedy "Young Americans," scheduled for release this month; the Paramount-DreamWorks-Spyglass comedy "Dinner for Schmucks" (July); and Woody Allen's "You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger" (fall). She also has had roles on CBS series "The Class" and in the films "Hot Fuzz" and "Ella Enchanted."
The Film Department recently produced "Law Abiding Citizen," which Overture Films released in October, and it has "The Rebound" and "The Beautiful and the Damned" in the works.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR