Lukas Moodysson's 'We Are The Best!' Sells in France, Russia, Mexico
TrustNordisk closes multiple territories on the 80s coming-of-age tale, which Magnolia will release stateside.
COLOGNE, Germany – We Are The Best!, the feel-good coming of age film from Swedish director Lukas Moodysson (Together) continues its sales streak, with TrustNordisk closing a series of new deals for the title, including ones for France (MK2), Russia (Caravella), Mexico (Cannibal Networks), Hungary (Vertigo), Greece (One from the Heart), Estonia (Estin Film) and Hong Kong (Edko).
We Are The Best! pre-sold to multiple territories, but the buying spree truly began after the film's screening at the Venice and Toronto film festivals, when Magnolia picked it up for North American release and Trust closed deals for territories such as Australia (NewVision Films) and Italy (Bim Distribuzione)
Adapted from a graphic novel by Lukas Moodysson's wife Coco, We Are The Best! follows three teenage girls living in 1980s Stockholm, who unite to form a punk band, even though everyone tells them punk is dead.
Critics have hailed the film as Moodysoon's return to the more crowd pleasing style of his earlier films such as Show Me Love (1998) and Together (2000).
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game