Luke Kirby, Jennifer Podemski Topline Peter Stebbings' 'Empire of Dirt'
The second feature is the follow-up to the Canadian director's "Defendor," which starred Kat Dennings and Woody Harrelson.
TORONTO - Jennifer Podemski and Luke Kirby are toplining Canadian director Peter Stebbings’ second feature, Empire of Dirt.
The follow-up to Stebbings’ directorial debut, the Woody Harrelson starrer Defendor, includes newcomers Cara Gee and Shahiyela Pourier-Eyre.
The low-budget feature about First Nations families centers on a single mother (Gee) struggling to make ends meet as she tries to save her teenage daughter (Pourier-Eyre) from the streets.
Podemski plays the single mom's mother, while Kirby appears as a former boyfriend.
Defendor starred Harrelson as a man under the delusion that he is a superhero and revolved around his series of adventures to protect a crime-beset city.
Kat Dennings and Sandra Oh also starred in the Canadian picture acquired by Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions Group.
Stebbings’ second feature is produced by Podemski, Geoff Ewart and Heather Dahlstrom. Avi Federgreen is executive producing the project from RedCloud Studios and Narrow Path Productions.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)