Luke Wilson, Kevin Connolly Join 'Elvis & Nixon' (Exclusive)
Eric Bana is on board to star as the King of Rock 'n' Roll and Danny Huston will play the former president.
Luke Wilson is in talks and Kevin Connolly has signed to join the cast of Elvis & Nixon, the indie drama centering around Elvis Presley’s famed meeting with Richard Nixon in 1970.
Eric Bana is already on board to star as Presley while Danny Huston will portray Nixon in the project, which being helmed by actor Cary Elwes, making his directorial debut.
The historic meeting was initiated by Presley, who wrote Nixon a six-page letter requesting a visit and suggesting that he be made a "Federal Agent-at-Large" in the Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs. In the script, the music legend drags some of his entourage to Washington and a clash of cultures ensues.
Wilson would play Sonny, one of Presley’s “Memphis Mafia” who travels with him to Washington. Connolly is playing a character named Ronnie, a limo driver.
Elwes wrote the screenplay along with Joey Sagal and Hanala Sagal. Michael Benaroya (Margin Call) and Holly Wiersma (Bobby) are producing. A January start in Louisiana is being eyed.
As THR previously reported, the movie is one of several in development about the King of Rock 'n' Roll.
Wilson, who last appeared in Death at a Funeral, next stars with Anna Paquin and Ryan Phillippe in Straight A’s, a comedy from Nu Image/Millennium. He is repped by CAA and attorney Bob Wallerstein.
CAA-repped Connolly was one of the stars of HBO’s Entourage and has appeared in such movies as He’s Just Not That Into You and Secretariat.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game