Luke Wood Named President and COO of Beats Headphones
The company started by Dr. Dre and Interscope chairman Jimmy Iovine saw revenue growth of over 100% in the last year, when it moved more than 1.6 million headphones.
Music executive Luke Wood is leaving his post as Chief Strategy Officer of Interscope Geffen A&M and president of its rock imprint DGC Records to join Beats Electronics, the company started by IGA chairman Jimmy Iovine and rapper-producer Dr. Dre in 2006. Beats’ main business is the production of high-fidelity headphones, which range in price from the $99 iBeats to the $400-plus Pros. Wood comes in as president and Chief Operating Officer.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR