Luke Wood Named President and COO of Beats Headphones
The company started by Dr. Dre and Interscope chairman Jimmy Iovine saw revenue growth of over 100% in the last year, when it moved more than 1.6 million headphones.
Music executive Luke Wood is leaving his post as Chief Strategy Officer of Interscope Geffen A&M and president of its rock imprint DGC Records to join Beats Electronics, the company started by IGA chairman Jimmy Iovine and rapper-producer Dr. Dre in 2006. Beats’ main business is the production of high-fidelity headphones, which range in price from the $99 iBeats to the $400-plus Pros. Wood comes in as president and Chief Operating Officer.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ultimate Warrior Autopsy Finds Wrestler Died Of Cardiovascular Disease
- The Final Trailer For 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past Is A Traveler Of Both Time & Space
- A Conversation with The Both's Aimee Mann & Ted Leo, Plus A Quick Chat with Dolly Parton
- 'True Detective' Meets 'The Family Circus' Is Pure Evil Genius
- Brant Daugherty & Ian Harding Support a Good Cause at the Road To Hope Charity Benefit!
- Leonardo DiCaprio Wrestles a Friend at Coachella & Loses Badly (Video)
- Lily Aldridge's Toned Tummy is Why You Should Hit the Gym Now!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Change Outfits for Australia Arrival with Prince George!