Lynda Carter Shares Her Thoughts on Adrianne Palicki in NBC’s ‘Wonder Woman’
The actress took on the persona in the 1970s television series.
Lynda Carter gave her support to Adrianne Palicki, who was recently cast as the new Wonder Woman in David E. Kelley’s NBC project.
But Carter, who took on the persona for four seasons from 1975-79, emphasized the amount of pressure Palicki will be facing.
“I think it is an amazing role to play. I know she is going to be really nervous about it, just because you would be,” Carter told the Baltimore Sun. “But I have a lot of confidence in David Kelley and what he’s going to come with up.”
She shared that she had spoken with Kelley the day before the interview, adding that “he’s really, really excited about it.”
Carter believed Wonder Woman's journey was one that needed to be reinvented, hinting that a cameo or a role could be in the works.
“I think the story needs to be retold,” she said. “It needs to have a fresh look at it. It affected a lot of people. I think it’s time, I think it’s important to have it out there again.”
When asked if she could give advice to Palicki, Carter had this to say: “Gosh, I could never offer her any advice. Nor would she probably want any. If she wants to talk to me, that would be a whole different thing. ... She’s an actress and she’s a good actress and she’s beautiful, and I hope she kicks butt.”
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David