Lynda Carter Shares Her Thoughts on Adrianne Palicki in NBC’s ‘Wonder Woman’
The actress took on the persona in the 1970s television series.
Lynda Carter gave her support to Adrianne Palicki, who was recently cast as the new Wonder Woman in David E. Kelley’s NBC project.
But Carter, who took on the persona for four seasons from 1975-79, emphasized the amount of pressure Palicki will be facing.
“I think it is an amazing role to play. I know she is going to be really nervous about it, just because you would be,” Carter told the Baltimore Sun. “But I have a lot of confidence in David Kelley and what he’s going to come with up.”
She shared that she had spoken with Kelley the day before the interview, adding that “he’s really, really excited about it.”
Carter believed Wonder Woman's journey was one that needed to be reinvented, hinting that a cameo or a role could be in the works.
“I think the story needs to be retold,” she said. “It needs to have a fresh look at it. It affected a lot of people. I think it’s time, I think it’s important to have it out there again.”
When asked if she could give advice to Palicki, Carter had this to say: “Gosh, I could never offer her any advice. Nor would she probably want any. If she wants to talk to me, that would be a whole different thing. ... She’s an actress and she’s a good actress and she’s beautiful, and I hope she kicks butt.”
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Kate Beckinsale Films 'Absolutely Anything' Alongside a Really Really Nice Car!
- Usher Narrows Down 'The Voice' Live Show Performers to Just Three - Meet Team Usher!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Help Plant a Tree in Australia!
- Sam Claflin Promotes 'The Quiet Ones' at His 'Meet The Actors' Session in NYC!