Lynn Cohen Joins 'Hunger Games' Sequel 'Catching Fire' as Mags
The Broadway veteran has joined the tentpole sequel from Lionsgate to bow on Nov. 22, 2013.
TORONTO – Broadway veteran Lynn Cohen has joined the cast of The Hunger Games follow-up Catching Fire.
Lionsgate on Thursday said Cohen will play the role of Mags, an 80-year-old Hunger Games victor from District 4 and a former mentor to Finnick Odair, in the film adaptation of the Suzanne Collins novel Catching Fire.
Besides her New York theater roles, Cohen also appeared in films like Steven Spielberg’s Munich and Charlie Kaufman’s Synecdoche, NY and will be seen in the upcoming movie They Came Together with Paul Rudd and Amy Poehler.
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire will be directed by Francis Lawrence and produced by Nina Jacobson’s Color Force, in tandem with Jon Kilik.
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire opens Nov. 22, 2013.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR