Lynn Cohen Joins 'Hunger Games' Sequel 'Catching Fire' as Mags
The Broadway veteran has joined the tentpole sequel from Lionsgate to bow on Nov. 22, 2013.
TORONTO – Broadway veteran Lynn Cohen has joined the cast of The Hunger Games follow-up Catching Fire.
Lionsgate on Thursday said Cohen will play the role of Mags, an 80-year-old Hunger Games victor from District 4 and a former mentor to Finnick Odair, in the film adaptation of the Suzanne Collins novel Catching Fire.
Besides her New York theater roles, Cohen also appeared in films like Steven Spielberg’s Munich and Charlie Kaufman’s Synecdoche, NY and will be seen in the upcoming movie They Came Together with Paul Rudd and Amy Poehler.
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire will be directed by Francis Lawrence and produced by Nina Jacobson’s Color Force, in tandem with Jon Kilik.
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire opens Nov. 22, 2013.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR