Lynne Segall Named Senior Vice President & Publisher of The Hollywood Reporter
The industry vet returns to THR, where she will oversee development and execution of advertising sales and business development strategies as well as marketing initiatives for the brand’s weekly magazine, growing website and digital offerings.
Lynne Segall has been named Senior Vice President & Publisher of The Hollywood Reporter, it was announced today by Richard Beckman, CEO of Prometheus Global Media. This major move reinforces The Hollywood Reporter’s renewed leadership position in the industry. Segall will report directly to Mr. Beckman.
Segall will be responsible for leading the development and execution of advertising sales and business development strategies as well as marketing initiatives on all platforms for the brand’s weekly magazine, growing website, and digital offerings.
Segall returns to The Hollywood Reporter having spent two decades there as VP & Associate Publisher establishing their highly successful awards franchise. She led the creation of more than 100 special issues and custom published sections and the popular Women in Entertainment Power 100 breakfast.
She joins The Hollywood Reporter from PMC Media Corporation, the publishers of DeadlineHollywood.com, TVLine.com, Movieline.com, and Hollywoodlife.com. Over the past year she helped launch print Awards editions for Oscar and Emmy season and was involved with the successful launch of TVLine.com in January 2011.
“I could not be more delighted to welcome Lynne back home to The Hollywood Reporter,” Richard Beckman, CEO, Prometheus Global Media said. “With her understanding of this brand, the Hollywood community, and her track record of achievement in publishing, online, and events there is no one stronger to lead the business side of The Hollywood Reporter on all of our growing platforms.”
“For over 80 years, The Hollywood Reporter has been an integral part of the fabric of the entertainment industry for the people who live and work in it,” Segall said. “This is a fantastic opportunity to work with the newly, re-invigorated Hollywood Reporter. Under the editorial leadership of Janice Min, THR has been given high-marks at the uppermost levels of the industry. Their website has seen unprecedented growth as they rapidly expand their consumer audience base-which is the holygrail for studio and network marketers. I look forward to re-joining The Hollywood Reporter to help deliver greater value for readers and advertisers in one of the largest and most influential markets in the country.”
From June 2006-May 2010 Segall was VP Entertainment, Fashion & Luxury advertising at The Los Angeles Times where she reinvigorated advertising in the Calendar section. Under her leadership, the entertainment sales team developed new, innovative and occasionally controversial ad units in print and online. In addition Segall led the sales efforts for the re-launch of the Envelope.com and print Envelope editions.
In 2005, Segall received the Women of Achievement Award from The Hollywood Chamber of Commerce and the Women in Excellence Award from the Century City Chamber of Commerce. In 2006 Segall was recognized by the National Association of Women with its Excellence in Media Award.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 5 Reasons The 'Broad City' Women Are The Stoner Heroines You've Been Waiting For
- Justin Bieber And Selena Gomez's Sexy Dance Probably Means They're Dating Again
- Eva Tamargo Of 'Tyler Perry's The Haves And The Have Nots' Explains Why She Likes Being A TV Villain (VIDEO)
- U2 Album Delay Rumors Denied By Band's Rep
- Lena Dunham to 'Glamour': I Don't Know if I Want to Continue Acting
- Kit Harington's Muscles Bulge Out of His Shirt for 'Men's Health UK' April 2014
- Eva Longoria & Oprah Winfrey Support Maria Shriver at 'Paycheck to Paycheck' Screening!
- Rosario Dawson & America Ferrera Are Feeling Blue at 'Cesar Chavez' SXSW Premiere!