Macau's Venetian Resort to Host 55th Asia Pacific Film Festival
The Asian gambling mecca will be the setting for next month's cinema gathering.
HONG KONG – One of Macau’s biggest gaming resorts will play host to the latest edition of the Asia Pacific Film Festival next month.
Bearing a promotional slogan of “The New Starting Line”, the festival, now into its 55th edition, will take place from December 13 to 16 at the Venetian Macao casino-cum-hotel, organizers announced in a press ceremony at the resort in the Cotai Strip, the Chinese enclave’s self-styled equivalent to central Las Vegas.
Actor-producer Eric Tsang, the chairman of the festival’s organizing committee, said he hopes to help further the development of Macau’s entertainment industry through the festival, while also striving to discover new filmmaking talents through the festival.
Fourteen awards will be given out at the festival, which was once the premier cinematic event inAsia until the emergence of first Taiwan’s Golden Horses Awards and the Hong Kong Film Awards. The Asia Pacific awards have also been eclipsed somewhat in recent years by the Hong Kong Asian Film Awards.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann, & Kate Upton Attend Final 'Other Woman' Screening!
- Kristin Chenoweth & Jane Krakowski: Broadway Babies at 'Cabaret' Opening Night!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Make Last Stop on Australia Trip
- Khloe Kardashian Endorses the Messy Bun Hairstyle, Wears Her Hair Down Instead