'Machine Gun Preacher' Soundtrack To Feature Original Track By Chris Cornell
The Relativity film, staring Gerard Butler, opens in theaters September 23.
The soundtrack for Marc Forster's Machine Gun Preacher will go on sale in stores and digitally via iTunes September 20 Relativity Music Group announced Monday.
The film, staring Gerard Butler, is based on the true story of former drug dealer Sam Childers who later became a missionary saving kidnapped children in Sudan. It is set to open in limited release September 23.
Grammy winner Chris Cornell, wrote and performed a new original song "The Keeper" for the album's lead track, which will be available for download prior to the album's release on August 30.
“We were thrilled when Chris wrote this beautiful and heartfelt song for us," Forster said in a statement. "The first time I heard 'The Keeper,' I immediately saw it in the movie. Chris was able to articulate the essence of Sam's story.”
Musical group Asche & Spencer (Monster's Ball) and the 60-piece Slovak National Symphony Orchestra also composed 15 score cues recorded in Bratislava, Austria.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR