Machinima Becomes First YouTube Network to Air Traditional TV Ad
The company has purchased commercial time on AMC's "The Talking Dead" on Easter Sunday to promote a "Mortal Kombat" online series.
According to Machinima, a YouTube entertainment network for gamers, history will be made Easter Sunday during AMC's The Talking Dead.
Machinima says it has purchased ad time on The Talking Dead, the TV show that AMC runs after The Walking Dead, thus becoming the first YouTube network to buy an ad that will air on traditional television. The 60-second commercial is for Mortal Kombat: Legacy 2, a multi-part, live-action online series.
The new Machinima series is a follow-up to Mortal Kombat: Legacy, one of the most-viewed series on the Internet with 60 million views thus far.
Legacy 2, like its predecessor, is directed by Kevin Tancharoen. Actors include Harry Shum Jr. of Glee, Casper Van Dien of Starship Troopers, Brian Tee of The Wolverine, Mark Dacascos of Cradle 2 the Grave and Ian Anthony Dale of Hawaii Five-O. Cary Tagawa, who played Scorpion in the 1995 theatrical version of Mortal Kombat, plays the same role in Legacy 2.
Legacy 2 is produced by Warner Bros. Digital Distribution.
"We wanted to promote it in a way that would break through the fog of familiarity," said Machinima executive vp of marketing Kevin Doohan. "Connecting to a television event like The Walking Dead season finale, a show that our fans are deeply passionate about, will introduce millions more viewers to Machinima."
See the TV commercial above.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Lindsay Lohan Misses Her AA Meeting, Blames Paparazzi On Premiere Of OWN Series (VIDEO)
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed