'The Machinist' writer boards Dracula film
Scott Kosar to work on 'Vlad' script for Summit
Scott Kosar has been brought on to work on the screenplay for Summit Entertainment's "Vlad."
Actor Charlie Hunnam ("Sons of Anarchy") wrote the original script, which takes an action-oriented look at Dracula, or Vlad the Impaler, as a young prince. Music video director and photographer Anthony Mandler recently came aboard to direct the project and will shepherd Kosar's work on the screenplay.
Brad Pitt and Dede Gardner are producing through their Plan B shingle. Summit president of production Erik Feig and vp production Meredith Milton are overseeing the project. Jeremy Kleiner is shepherding for Plan B.
The CAA-repped Kosar is well-drenched in macabre storytelling. He wrote the script for the 2003 "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" remake, the 2005 "Amityville Horror" remake and "The Machinist." He also co-wrote the screenplay for the remake of George A. Romero's "The Crazies," which Overture releases Feb. 26.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Lindsay Lohan Misses Her AA Meeting, Blames Paparazzi On Premiere Of OWN Series (VIDEO)
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed