'The Machinist' writer boards Dracula film
Scott Kosar to work on 'Vlad' script for Summit
Scott Kosar has been brought on to work on the screenplay for Summit Entertainment's "Vlad."
Actor Charlie Hunnam ("Sons of Anarchy") wrote the original script, which takes an action-oriented look at Dracula, or Vlad the Impaler, as a young prince. Music video director and photographer Anthony Mandler recently came aboard to direct the project and will shepherd Kosar's work on the screenplay.
Brad Pitt and Dede Gardner are producing through their Plan B shingle. Summit president of production Erik Feig and vp production Meredith Milton are overseeing the project. Jeremy Kleiner is shepherding for Plan B.
The CAA-repped Kosar is well-drenched in macabre storytelling. He wrote the script for the 2003 "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" remake, the 2005 "Amityville Horror" remake and "The Machinist." He also co-wrote the screenplay for the remake of George A. Romero's "The Crazies," which Overture releases Feb. 26.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama