Macklemore & Ryan Lewis to Perform Gay Rights Anthem 'Same Love' at MTV VMAs
Bruno Mars will also hit the stage to debut his brand-new single.
Continuing its rapid-fire pace of announcing performers, MTV announced Friday that Macklemore & Ryan Lewis and Bruno Mars have joined an already star-studded lineup that includes Justin Timberlake, Lady Gaga, Kanye West, Katy Perry, Miley Cyrus and Robin Thicke for the 2013 Video Music Awards.
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, up for six Moon Men at this year's ceremony, will perform their gay rights anthem "Same Love," while making history as the first artists to perform at all three of MTV's major televised events (mtvU Woodies, MTV Movie Awards and the VMAs) in a single calendar year.
Mars, up for four trophies, will debut his brand-new single on the VMA stage.
The VMAs are set for Aug. 25 at Brooklyn's Barclays Center. The show will air live on the East Coast at 9 p.m. with a tape delayed broadcast for the West Coast.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR