Macklemore & Ryan Lewis to Perform Gay Rights Anthem 'Same Love' at MTV VMAs
Bruno Mars will also hit the stage to debut his brand-new single.
Continuing its rapid-fire pace of announcing performers, MTV announced Friday that Macklemore & Ryan Lewis and Bruno Mars have joined an already star-studded lineup that includes Justin Timberlake, Lady Gaga, Kanye West, Katy Perry, Miley Cyrus and Robin Thicke for the 2013 Video Music Awards.
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, up for six Moon Men at this year's ceremony, will perform their gay rights anthem "Same Love," while making history as the first artists to perform at all three of MTV's major televised events (mtvU Woodies, MTV Movie Awards and the VMAs) in a single calendar year.
Mars, up for four trophies, will debut his brand-new single on the VMA stage.
The VMAs are set for Aug. 25 at Brooklyn's Barclays Center. The show will air live on the East Coast at 9 p.m. with a tape delayed broadcast for the West Coast.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Bryan Singer Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Underage Boy
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park