'Mad Men' Begins Streaming on Netflix
The first four seasons of AMC’s show will be available on Wednesday in exclusive deal with Lionsgate.
For the many Mad Men fans who are struggling with the extended wait until the stylish drama’s return in 2012, they can watch episodes from the first four seasons on Netflix starting on Wednesday.
As reported by The Hollywood Reporter in April, Lionsgate and Netflix reached a multiyear syndication deal in which Lionsgate has licensed the first four seasons of Mad Men to be available for streaming viewing starting July 27. Additional seasons will be added annually after they air on AMC.
"Mad Men has been and continues to be a representation of TV at its best and Netflix is proud to be the syndication home for this acclaimed series," said Ted Sarandos, Chief Content Officer at Netflix. "This deal secures long term instant access to an iconic show for Netflix members for years to come."
The first four seasons of Mad Man are already available on Netflix in Canada, under a separate agreement.
In March, Lionsgate announced that it has entered into an agreement with Mad Men creator Matthew Weiner to continue as showrunner and Mad Men will return to AMC for Seasons 5 and 6 with the expectation of a seventh season as well.
Earlier in July, Netflix announced that the price of the combination DVD and streaming subscriptions would be increased by 60 percent.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)