‘Mad Men,’ ‘Downton Abbey’ Head Up Munich Film Festival’s Series Sidebar
British drama “Ripper Street,” Swedish mini-series “Death of a Pilgrim” and Alan Ball’s “Banshee” also among festival lineup.
BERLIN – The Munich International Film Festival will be highlighting some of the best in small screen drama this year with a new TV sidebar which will screen new episodes from such critical hits as Mad Men and Downton Abbey.
The sidebar, backed by News Corp’s pay TV outlet Sky Deutschland, will also include the BBC’s period thriller Ripper Street with Matthew Macfadyen; the action series Banshee, which airs on HBO’s Cinemax network and is executive produced by True Blood’s Alan Ball and Greg Yaitanes (House); as well as HBO series Veep and Enlightened.
In addition to the screenings, Munich will also host a discussion on the differences between the U.S. and European development process featuring Frank Spotnitz, producer of The X-Files, who recently created the spy series Hunted together with the BBC.
The 2013 Munich Film Festival runs June 28 – July 6.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Bryan Singer Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Underage Boy
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park