‘Mad Men,’ ‘Downton Abbey’ Head Up Munich Film Festival’s Series Sidebar
British drama “Ripper Street,” Swedish mini-series “Death of a Pilgrim” and Alan Ball’s “Banshee” also among festival lineup.
BERLIN – The Munich International Film Festival will be highlighting some of the best in small screen drama this year with a new TV sidebar which will screen new episodes from such critical hits as Mad Men and Downton Abbey.
The sidebar, backed by News Corp’s pay TV outlet Sky Deutschland, will also include the BBC’s period thriller Ripper Street with Matthew Macfadyen; the action series Banshee, which airs on HBO’s Cinemax network and is executive produced by True Blood’s Alan Ball and Greg Yaitanes (House); as well as HBO series Veep and Enlightened.
In addition to the screenings, Munich will also host a discussion on the differences between the U.S. and European development process featuring Frank Spotnitz, producer of The X-Files, who recently created the spy series Hunted together with the BBC.
The 2013 Munich Film Festival runs June 28 – July 6.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR