'Mad Men': January Jones, Vincent Kartheiser, Elisabeth Moss Nearing 2-Year Deals
Christina Hendricks also is in talks to remain on AMC's Emmy-winning drama for two more seasons.
Three Mad Men stars are in final negotiations on deals that will keep them on the show for two more seasons.
January Jones, Vincent Kartheiser and Elisabeth Moss are close to inking deals with Lionsgate TV that will see them continue on the AMC drama through seasons six and seven, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
In the Emmy-winning drama, Jones plays Betty Hofstadt, ex-wife of Don Draper (Jon Hamm); Kartheiser portrays account executive Pete Campbell; and Moss plays copywriter Peggy Olson.
Meanwhile, Christina Hendricks, who plays office manager Joan Harris, is in talks for a new deal.
Series creator Matthew Weiner recently confirmed that Moss would be returning for the sixth season despite a season five storyline that took her character away from the advertising agency that houses the bulk of the series' characters.
“When people leave Sterling Cooper, sometimes it is the end for [the character],” Weiner told TVLine. “But I will spoil that one tiny piece of anticipation and tell people that Elisabeth will be showing up to work... I can’t say how much, in what capacity or what [her story] is going to be, but she has not left the show.”
Moss and Jones have both earned Emmy and Golden Globe nominations for their performances.
Their new pacts follow that of Hamm, who a year ago signed a three-year deal to remain on the series through the end of its run.
Last month, Mad Men earned a total of 17 Emmy noms, tying with American Horror Story for the most mentions, including one for best drama, a category that it's won four years in a row.
Production on Mad Men's sixth season starts in October.
- The Epic Disney Blow-Up of 1994
- Mickey Rooney's Final Days Marred by Bizarre Family Feud
- Why Stephen Colbert Is the Perfect David Letterman Replacement
- 'The Normal Heart's' 30-Year Journey From Barbra Streisand to Ryan Murphy
- T.D. Jakes on Bringing God to Hollywood and Brushing Off Criticism From Cynics
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sofia Vergara & Vanessa Paradis Stun in Black at 'Fading Gigilo' NYC Screening!
- Jennifer Garner Talks About Ben Affleck's Competitive Nature on 'Live with Kelly & Michael'!
- We're Loving Maggie Gyllenhaal & Her Blonde Pixie Haircut!
- Elle Fanning: It Was a 'Dream' Working with Angelina Jolie on 'Maleficent'!