'Mad Men' Writer-Producer Sells Medical Drama to CBS (Exclusive)
Dahvi Waller's 20th TV doctor drama, "Guinea Pigs," centers on a group of trailblazing doctors who run clinical trials in a Philadelphia hospital.
Mad Men's Dahvi Waller is heading back to broadcast.
Her medical project, titled Guinea Pigs, nabbed a put pilot commitment from CBS. The drama centers on group of trailblazing doctors who run clinical trials at a hospital in Philadelphia. The twist: The trials are risky, and the guinea pigs are human.
The Canadian-born Waller is set to write and executive produce the 20th Century Fox TV project, alongside EPs Peter Chernin and Katherine Pope of Chernin Entertainment. Pigs joins such entries as Hart Hanson's Backstrom crime drama and a Brady Bunch comedy reboot in CBS' development coffers.
Prior to AMC's Mad Men, the Emmy-winning TV writer spent time on ABC dramas Eli Stone, Desperate Housewives and the short-lived Commander in Chief.
Waller is repped by UTA.
Email: Lacey.Rose@THR.com; Twitter: @LaceyVRose
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR