'Mad Men: Season 4,' 'Upstairs, Downstairs' New to DVD This Month
The costume dramas that put PBS and AMC on the map, and HBO's music-driven show hit the home entertainment circuit.
Impeccably if accidentally timed to surf The King’s Speech nostalgia wave, the class-conscious Edwardian soap Upstairs, Downstairs returns to PBS on April 10, along with this 40th anniversary collection of the original series, on sale March 29. The new show is set in King Bertie’s day, 1936, so you’ll need to catch up on the original, which starts in 1903 when a flighty new maid (Pauline Collins) joins the steadier head parlour maid (Jean Marsh, also a star of the new show) at the posh Bellamy home at 165 Eaton Place, London.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR