'Mad Men's' Christina Hendricks Stars in EA’s 'Need for Speed' (Video)
The actress talked to THR about recording motion capture for her very first video game, and what it was like to return to the "Mad Men" set after such a long hiatus.
Christina Hendricks has been busy on her long hiatus from AMC’s Mad Men.
Not only did she star in this summer’s dark thriller Drive and do a play in New York, but she also had time to star in a video game: Need for Speed The Run.
Hendricks stars in the game as Sam Harper, a wealthy woman who manages the best drivers in the cutthroat world of outlaw street racing. She teams up with a young driver, Jack Rourke (Sean Faris, The Vampire Diaries), for a cross-country race for a $25 million prize.
“She’s got a lot of money riding on it, but she’s also sort of protecting him because he’s from the old hood” Hendricks said of her character in an interview with The Hollywood Reporter.
Hendricks, who told THR that she isn’t a big video game player (but her husband is), said that she enjoyed the process because it felt more like a play since the scenes were acted out together, while wearing a motion capture suit.
“You’re surrounded by about 200 cameras, so you don’t have to light and move the cameras and all the other things you would do in film,” she explained.
Hendricks’ character in the game definitely has at least one thing in common with her Mad Men character, Joan Hollaway.
“I wanted to make sure that if I was going to do a video game that it was a really strong and cool character,” said Hendricks. “She’s powerful and she’s strong and she’s smart. I think that’s the kind of women I like to play.”
Speaking of Mad Men, Hendricks told THR that things were a little different when the cast returned after the extended hiatus. Due to negotiations taking longer than usual, filming and airing of the fifth season has been pushed back several months. They were currently filming the fifth episode when THR spoke to her.
“I think the first week it felt different,” she said. “I say that, but we’re nervous everytime we come back. Every season we come back we go, ‘I don’t remember how to do this. I don’t remember.’ And then we fall back into step.”
Developed by Black Box, an EA studio, Need for Speed The Run will be available November 15, 2011 in North America and November 17, 2011 in Europe.
Watch Christina Hendricks and Sean Faris as Sam and Jack in Need for Speed The Run in the trailer below:
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack