'Mad Men's' John Slattery Is 'Looking Around for a Job'
With taping on the AMC hit delayed indefinitely, Slattery "wrote a screenplay," he tells THR.
With the fifth season of Mad Men seemingly delayed indefinitely, John Slattery is lining up other gigs.
"I'm looking for a job," Slattery told The Hollywood Reporter at the New York premiere of The Adjustment Bureau Monday.
"I've been writing a little something -- I wrote a screenplay," continued Slattery.
But he remains tight lipped about it: "I can't tell you what it's about. It’s a secret. I have the free will not to tell you," he said, referring to his new film's tagline, "fate vs. free will."
He is also in discussions to direct the movie off his screenplay but he's "trying to work out the rights situation," he told the Huffington Post.
"I went to a concert somewhere and I ended up sitting next to the guy who controls the rights to the movie. And I said to him, 'You're not the guy who controls...' and he said, 'Yeah, why, you want it? I'll give it to you.'"
He could have plenty time to film; Mad Men may not gear up any time soon.
Matthew Weiner, the Emmy-winning co-creator of the show, told Entertainment Weekly last month that he doesn't "have a deal yet."
"I have every intention of making the show when they decide to work out their business with Lionsgate," he said. "I can’t wait to come back to work. I have said over and over in public that I want the show to go on and on and on until it has worn out its welcome with viewers and we can’t think of anything more for the characters to do."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws