'Madden NFL 07' top video game in Sept.
SAN FRANCISCO -- Electronic Arts Inc.'s "Madden NFL 07" in September captured the top spot on the U.S. video game sales chart for the second month in a row, market research firm NPD Group said Monday.
The popular football game for Sony Corp.'s PlayStation 2 console came in at No. 1, while the version for Microsoft Corp.'s Xbox 360 fell to fifth place from its second-place finish in August. The game for the original Xbox fell to eighth place from fourth last month.
THQ Inc.'s urban action game "Saints Row" for the Xbox 360 debut in the No. 2 spot.
"Lego Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy" a PS2 title from LucasArts came in third, while the version for Nintendo's GameCube console was the month's seventh best-selling game.
Nintendo of America's "Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team" for its Nintendo DS handheld player ranked fourth, while "Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team" for the Game Boy Advance finished sixth.
Nintendo space shooting game "Star Fox Command" and "New Super Mario Bros." for the Nintendo DS rounded out the top 10.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR