'Made of Honor' writers board Universal film
Deborah Kaplan and Harry Elfont, among the go-to duos for romantic comedies, have signed to write a draft of "Repeat After Me" for Universal.
Scott Stuber and his Stuber Pictures are producing the project that, in the vein of "Groundhog Day," centers on a woman who realizes she is reliving her disastrous wedding day again and again and begins to question getting married.
The project is based on an original pitch by Dave H. Johnson.
Universal's Scott Bernstein and Maradith Frenkel are overseeing for the studio.
Kaplan and Elfont made their mark with "Can't Hardly Wait," which they wrote and directed, and since have been among the writers studios turn to in order to get movies into the greenlight zone.
The two most recently wrote the rom-coms "Made of Honor," starring Patrick Dempsey and Michelle Monaghan, and "Leap Year," starring Amy Adams, and are coming off a gig working on "About Face," a project set up at Warner Bros.
They are repped by CAA and Benderspink.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR