Albums by Madonna, U2 and Bon Jovi Get Mastered for iTunes, Improving Sound Quality
In an effort to provide higher quality audio recordings, Universal Music Group is focusing on fidelity with several new releases.
Universal Music Group has been among the industry leaders when it comes to higher sound quality and today the company announced a bold initiative wherein albums by Madonna, Paul McCartney, Kaori Muraji, U2, John Coltrane and Bon Jovi will be mastered specifically for iTunes.
These new recordings, which include new releases like Madonna’s forthcoming MDNA and Paul McCartney’s Kisses On The Bottom, along with such classics as U2’s Achtung Baby, John Coltrane's A Love Supreme and Bon Jovi’s Slippery When Wet, utilize high-resolution sourced audio to provide a richness and dynamic range to iTunes' digital format.
Said Japanese artist Muraji in a statement: "I really enjoyed making my recording Soleil - Portraits 2 in Air Studios which was built by George Martin in London. It has wonderful acoustics and a nice atmosphere which you can now hear even better on this high-quality audio version with iTunes."
UMG's Mastered for iTunes titles can be found at www.itunes.com/masteredforitunes.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR