When Madonna Wants a Spin Class, She Gets It
A West Hollywood spin studio added a special session at the singer's request during Grammys weekend.
A version of this story first appeared in the Feb. 7 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
She might have covered up with a Ralph Lauren pantsuit during the Grammy ceremony, but Madonna nonetheless went out of her way to tone up for her performance of "Open Your Heart."
On Jan. 24, her trainer Marlyn Ortiz brought Madonna and daughter Lourdes Leon for a ride at West Hollywood spin-class spot Cycle House, a SoulCycle competitor; heads turned to look at the trio, who took bikes in the back.
Madonna wanted to return the next day, but the class times didn't fit her calendar and private sessions aren't offered, so she asked for a class to be added to the schedule at 1 p.m. and again on Jan. 27. Wishes were granted.
Cycle House (where Nicole Kidman and producer Stacey Sher also have spun) declined comment.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game