Madonna's Mexico City Gym Kicks Off With Controversy
After borough chief declared facility lacked permits, Mexican authorities said missing documents were received, Hard Candy Gym OK to open.
UPDATED: The debut health club in Madonna's planned international franchise was already facing closure before it officially opened, reports Reuters. The singer's first Hard Candy Gym location, which launched with an inauguration party attended by the pop superstar in Mexico City on Monday, initially raised eyebrows with Mexican authorities who noted that the site lacked required city permits and an adequate parking facility, factors that first came to light in the Mexican newspaper Excelsior.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR