The Oscar winner muses on the future of movie musicals.
Eight Oscars plus 10 Grammy Awards and seven Golden Globes equals one illustrious career for composer and lyricist Alan Menken, 62, whose musical canon includes such beloved animated fare as The Little Mermaid, Aladdin and Tangled, along with the classic Little Shop of Horrors and his latest screen-to-stage adaptation, Sister Act. After 25 years in the business, he remains an in-demand music man with heart, soul and a very sturdy trophy cabinet, soon to add another to the collection: the Billboard/Hollywood Reporter Maestro Award, to be presented Oct. 24 at our 2011 Film & TV Music Conference.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Grammy Nominees List 2014: Jay Z, Kendrick Lamar, Justin Timberlake Among Honored Artists
- Grammy 2014 Nominations Include Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Jay Z And Kendrick Lamar
- Jay Z's 9 Grammys Nominations Top All Artists
- Drake's Grammys Nominations For Best Rap Song, Best Rap Album Take Focus Off Canceled Performance