'Magic Mike' Star Alex Pettyfer Wants to Strip on Broadway
With a stage adaptation in the works, the actor says he would like to perform opening night alongside castmates including Channing Tatum and Matthew McConaughey.
Magic Mike star Alex Pettyfer is ready to take his clothes off again, this time in front of a live audience.
The actor says he would "absolutely" want to, along with his fellow castmates, perform in a Broadway adaptation that's in the works if the project were to make it to the Great White Way.
"I think we should all do the opening night," he told USA Today.
The movie, directed by Steven Soderbergh, was inspired by Channing Tatum's past stint as a male stripper. Tatum and Pettyfer star alongside Matthew McConaughey, Joe Manganiello and Matt Bomer.
Tatum's producing partner and the film's screenwriter, Reid Carolin, revealed to USA Today at the movie's premiere in Los Angeles that they are at work on a stage adaptation.
"We are working on it as a Broadway show, which would be a different story -- more of a romp, more of a fun night out at a club with a story," he said. "I'm almost more excited about that than the movie because I think it's the perfect thing for women to go see on Broadway, to be participants in the show."
The movie opens in theaters Friday.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR