Magnolia Acquires '360,' Starring Rachel Weisz and Jude Law
The film, directed by Fernando Meirelles and written by Peter Morgan, also stars Anthony Hopkins and Ben Foster.
Magnolia Pictures has acquired U.S. rights to Fernando Meirelles' 360, a sexual roundelay starring Rachel Weisz, Anthony Hopkins, Jude Law and Ben Foster.
Magnolia will release the film theatrically in 2012 in major US markets and also will distribute it through its Ultra VOD program.
Andrew Eaton, David Linde, Chris Hanley, Danny Krausz and Emanuel Michael produced the film, written by Peter Morgan. It recently served as the opening night feature at the London Film Festival.
Shot on location in Vienna, Paris, London, Bratislava and Rio de Janeiro, 360 follows Law as a travelling businessman who is contemplating a liaison with a prostitute; Weisz, appearing as married woman who is breaking off a relationship with a younger man; Hopkins, as a man searching for his missing daughter; and Foster as a sex offender recently released from prison.
The deal was negotiated for Magnolia by SVP of acquisitions Dori Begley and head of legal and business affairs Chris Matson with UTA, which repped the filmmakers.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Lindsay Lohan Misses Her AA Meeting, Blames Paparazzi On Premiere Of OWN Series (VIDEO)
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed