Magnolia acquires 'Extra Man' rights
Film stars Kevin Kline, Paul Dano; July release planned
Magnolia Pictures has acquired U.S. rights to Shari Springer Berman and Robert Pulcini's "The Extra Man."
The film, which debuted in January at the Sundance Film Festival, stars Kevin Kline as a society escort and Paul Dano as an aspiring writer.
It was written by Berman, Pulcini and Jonathan Ames from Ames' novel of the same name. Likely Story's Anthony Bregman and 3Arts' Stephanie Davis produced. A late July theatrical release is planned.
The deal was negotiated by Magnolia's Tom Quinn, Wild Bunch's Agnes Mentre and Carole Baraton and CAA.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)