Magnolia Orders 'Jiro Dreams of Sushi' for North America
The doc, screening Thursday at the Tribeca Film Festival, traces the life and work of sushi master Jiro Ono.
Magnolia Pictures has acquired North American rights to Jiro Dreams of Sushi, a documentary about master sushi chef Jiro Ono.
The film had its world debut at the Berlin Film Festival earlier this year and will debut in North America Thursday at the Tribeca Film Festival.
Magnolia senior vp Tom Quinn said, "Jiro Dreams of Sushi teaches invaluable life lessons about honor, dedication, and the philosophy of perfectionism, but it's also the most scrumptious and appetizing film you'll see all year. Foodies, prepare to be indulged."
David Gelb directed the pic. Kevin Iwashina of Preferred Content and Tom Pellegrini produced.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack