Magnolia Picks Up Danish Feature 'A Hijacking' for North America
Tobias Lindholm's drama about Somali pirates premiered at the Venice Film Festival.
COLOGNE, Germany - Magnolia has boarded Tobias Lindholm's Somali pirate drama A Hijacking, taking North American rights to the film from world sales group TrustNordisk.
Magnolia plans a theatrical release of A Hijacking in the second quarter of 2013.
The drama stars Pilou Asbaek (R), Soren Malling (The Killing) and Game of Thrones' actor Dar Salim as passengers on a Danish cargo ship hijacked by Somali pirates who are forced to enter into a cynical game of life and death.
Lindholm's second feature after his debut, the acclaimed prison drama R (2010), A Hijacking premiered in competition at the Venice Film Festival before heading to festival stops in Toronto, London, Toyko and, most recently, Thessaloniki, where it won the Golden Alexander - Theo Angelopoulos award for best feature as well as the FIPRESCI international critics prize.
The deal, negotiated between Magnolia's SVP of Acquisitions, Dori Begley and TrustNordisk Head of Sales Susan Wendt, follows sales of A Hijacking to the U.K. (Arrow Films), France (Ad Vitam), Benelux (A-Film), Turkey/Cyprus (Calinos Entertainment) and Korea (Atnine Films).
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ultimate Warrior Autopsy Finds Wrestler Died Of Cardiovascular Disease
- The Final Trailer For 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past Is A Traveler Of Both Time & Space
- A Conversation with The Both's Aimee Mann & Ted Leo, Plus A Quick Chat with Dolly Parton
- 'True Detective' Meets 'The Family Circus' Is Pure Evil Genius
- Brant Daugherty & Ian Harding Support a Good Cause at the Road To Hope Charity Benefit!
- Leonardo DiCaprio Wrestles a Friend at Coachella & Loses Badly (Video)
- Lily Aldridge's Toned Tummy is Why You Should Hit the Gym Now!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Change Outfits for Australia Arrival with Prince George!