Makeup Monday: 10 Must-Have Products to Pull You Out of That Midday Lull
Your Chrissy Teigen-approved afternoon pick-me-up comes from the beauty counter.
While a 2 p.m. cup of coffee definitely works to mentally bring you out of a midday slump, the brew isn’t necessarily going to eliminate smudged mascara or make you smell any better.
For that, there are beauty products, some new, some classic and all celebrity-approved.
Whether you’re aiming to erase the signs of the day in order to look refreshed for dinner or an event or just trying to find the beauty equivalent of that midday jolt of caffeine, here are the key products to stow in a top desk drawer or pocket of a work bag to fight signs of office fatigue in your face and body.
1. Lavanila Laboratories The Healthy Mini Deodorant in Pure Vanilla (Sephora; $8)
Soothing essential oils and beta-glucan technology fight odor in this natural formula. It’s mini, smells like vanilla and will banish the scent of running around to meetings or sitting in stagnant L.A. traffic. Kourtney Kardashian and Lauren Conrad are noted fans.
2. Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water (Sephora; $32)
Packed with hydrating electrolytes to restore moisture, this spray version of Smashbox’s traditional primer is meant to refresh the look of makeup and skin throughout the day.
3. Ban Total Refresh Cooling Body Cloths (Target and Walgreens stores; $4)
When a quick swipe of deodorant won’t cut it, these portable towelettes wipe away sweat, cool the body down and leave a soft, powder finish, instead of one that's wet and sticky.
4. WEI Beauty Golden Root Multi-Action Anti-Pollution Mist (WEIBeauty.com; $38)
This brand new mist hydrates dull skin while also protecting against environmental pollutants that can harm the complexion. Jaime King and Jamie Chung are fans and recently helped the brand kick off the launch of this spray.
5. Anastasia Beverly Hills Hydrating Oil (Anastasia Beverly Hills; $64)
Kim Kardashian swears by this recently re-launched face oil that adds glow and hydration to skin that could be showing fatigue from an overly air-conditioned environment.
6. Anti-Aging Eye and Lip “Perfection a Porter” by La Prairie (LaPrairie.com; $170)
A frequent traveler’s best beauty friend, this portable compact contains a super hydrating eye balm on one side and a version for lips on the other. Both formulas are highly emollient and work to fight fine lines and wrinkles. No wonder Jennifer Aniston and January Jones are both fans of the brand’s entire anti-aging collection.
7. Philip B. Russian Amber Imperial Roots Up! Volumizing Root Booster & Finishing Spray (Spacenk.com; $52)
Don’t rule out bombshell volume even after a harried workday. This spray has a 2-way spray cap to target all over roots for maximum lift.
8. Hourglass’ Ambient Lighting Edit in Surreal Light (Sephora; $80)
This newly launched palette of lighting powder, bronzer, highlighter and blush is meant to mimic “Magic Hour,” so you’re softly lit even before you step into candlelight. Chrissy Teigen, Mindy Kaling and Rumer Willis are testaments of the powder’s effects.
9. Clinique Take The Day Off Eye Makeup Remover Stick (Clinique counters and Clinique.com; $19)
Immediately erase the flaky mascara or smudgy eyeliner that’s managed to stick to eyelids and tops of cheeks with this new balm that is targeted for quick touch-ups or total eye makeup removal.
10. Oribe Cote d’Azur Hair Refresher (Net-a-Porter.com; $25 for 2 oz)
Elle Macpherson, Ellie Goulding and Tori Kelly all spray this scented hair refresher to revive strands (and the way they smell) throughout the day.