Making of 'The Descendants'
6:00 AM PST 11/8/2011 by Jay A. Fernandez
Director Alexander Payne returns to George Clooney (after passing him up for "Sideways") to play the grieving father of a heartbroken family.
It's challenging to shoot boat scenes, it turns out," says writer-director Alexander Payne in a resigned deadpan. "I didn't know that before. Clooney knew it. He said: 'You hate car work? Boat work is car work on steroids.' "
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR