The Making of 'J. Edgar'
6:00 AM PDT 11/1/2011 by Stephen Galloway
Six hours a day of makeup. A $35 million budget. A movie star who took one-tenth of his Usual fee. director Clint Eastwood takes THR inside the complicated production about the polarizing, possibly cross-dressing FBI founder.
Well into production of J. Edgar, Clint Eastwood's new biopic, the old Eastwood -- the veteran of Dirty Harry and Magnum Force and A Fistful of Dollars -- suddenly sprang into action.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR