Making of 'Moneyball'
How Brad Pitt and Amy Pascal overcame budget cuts, firings and script rewrites to bring their passion project home.
Brad Pitt recalls it as "a dark weened for all of us." It was June 2009, and Sony Pictures Entertainment co-chairman Amy Pascal and CEO Michael Lynton had pulled the plug on Moneyball only days before it was to go before cameras with Steven Soderbergh directing and Pitt starring, after five years of development and months of preproduction.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR