Making of Silver Linings Playbook
With two producers' deaths, two stars lost (and a delay to film "The Fighter"), there were a few clouds along the way for director David O. Russell's wholly original rom com.
Life doesn't always go according to plan" is the tagline that The Weinstein Co. is using to market its new, offbeat romantic comedy Silver Linings Playbook. But it could just as easily serve as the moral for the story behind the making of David O. Russell's movie, which became a breakout hit at the Toronto International Film Festival. There it captured the top Audience Award over such stiff competition as Argo and The Master.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR