Making time; French film gets update
Producers Elizabeth Stanley and Joe Dante have teamed to snap up English-language remake rights to Alante Kavaite's "Ecoute Le Temps" (Listen to Time), the pair said Saturday.
The original, which is making its world premiere bow at the AFI Fest, is the story of a female sound engineer investigating her mother's murder using her recording equipment and is billed as having a supernatural twist.
Editor-director Eduardo Rodriguez ("The Messengers") will helm the remake with a working title "Fissures," and the producers said they have attached Greg Pak ("Robot Stories") to pen the adaptation for the English-language version.
Dante's Medal Luna Pictures and Stanley's eponymous production banner will make the picture. Pak and Dante are repped by the Gersh Agency while Rodriguez is at UTA.
The French movie was originally produced by Antoine Simkine.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR