Malabar Entertainment Picks up U.S. Rights to ‘Nobel’s Last Will’
The Swedish crime thriller is the first in a series of six features based on Liza Marklund’s bestsellers.
COLOGNE, Germany – Malabar Entertainment has picked up U.S. rights to Nobel’s Last Will, the first in a six-feature franchise of Swedish crime thrillers based on bestsellers by Liza Marklund. Rising Nordic star Malin Crepin plays crime journalist Annika Bengtzon in all six films. Marklund’s Bengtzon novels have sold more than 10 million copies worldwide and been translated into some 30 languages.
Yellow Bird, the production house behind The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, produced the Bengtzon franchise and negotiated the deal with Malabar.
Yellow Bird said it signed multiple deals for Noble’s Last Will at the American Film Market earlier this month, including ones for Australia/New Zealand, Benelux and Brazil. Nobel’s Last Will will bow in Scandinavian next March.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR