Malin Akerman Joins New Line's 'Rock of Ages'
She will play the role of the hard-nosed reporter who attempts to interview rock star Stacee Jaxx, played by Tom Cruise, but he ends up seducing her.
Malin Akerman has joined the cast, nabbing the last key role in New Line’s adaptation of the Broadway musical Rock of Ages.
Akerman will play the role of the hard-nosed reporter who attempts to interview rock star Stacee Jaxx, played by Tom Cruise, but he ends up seducing her.
Anne Hathaway and Amy Adams circled the role but ultimately no deals were consummated due to scheduling.
Based on the Broadway musical, the Adam Shankman-directed production, which is scheduled to begin shooting May 19 in Miami, is also set to star newcomer Diego Gonzalez Boneta along with Alec Baldwin, Mary J. Blige, Paul Giamatti and Julianne Hough.
Ages tells the story, replete with hair-band music, of a small-town girl (Hough) who comes to Hollywood for the 1980s music scene and is nearly destroyed by it. Although she falls for a budding musician named Drew (Boneta), she also catches the eye of Stacee Jaxx (Cruise), an arrogant rocker at the height of his career, ends up as a stripper in a club run by Blige but also finds true love at the end.
Shankman’s Offspring Entertainment, Tobey Maguire’s Maguire Entertainment and Corner Store Entertainment are producing, with Garrett Grant serving as exec producer.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR