Malin Akerman to Replace Lindsay Lohan in 'Inferno'
'Watchmen' star takes the lead in Linda Lovelace biopic.
It didn't take long for Lindsay Lohan's replacement for the Linda Lovelace biopic, Inferno, to be announced.
"We are casting Malin Akerman for the role of Linda Lovelace," director Matthew Wilder tells E! News. "We are currently in negotiations and working out the legalities of bringing her on board."
On Saturday, Wilder announced his decision to move away from Lohan in the lead part. Ultimately, the director said the issue came down to "the impossibility" of insuring the troubled actress "and some other issues."
With Akerman in the part, Wilder believes the stalled project will get back on track with plans to shoot in the first quarter of 2011.
Lohan has been in and out of jail and rehab over the past year and is currently living at a sober living facility in Rancho Mirage, Calif.
"We have stuck by Lindsay very patiently for a long time with a lot of love and support," Wilder said.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Amanda Seyfried and Cara Delevingne are Joining Pan
- Theater Review: Michelle Williams and Alan Cumming Come (Back) to the Cabaret
- Hedwig and the Angry Inch Director on Those Fake Hurt Locker Playbills