'Mall Cop 2' Adds 'Wizards of Waverly Place' Star David Henrie (Exclusive)
Sony's sequel stars Kevin James and will be helmed by Andy Fickman.
David Henrie, known for Wizards of Waverly Place and playing the son on How I Met Your Mother, has joined Sony's comedy sequel Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2.
The film will reunite Henrie with star Kevin James, who both star in the upcoming film Little Boy, which is set for release in June.
The sequel, which will be directed by Andy Fickman, follows James' Paul Blart who attends a security guard expo in Las Vegas with his daughter. Despite being teased by casino security and other attendees, Blart takes on a group of dangerous art thieves.
Henrie, 24, will play Lane, a valet attendant who meets Blart's daughter (Raini Rodriguez) and develops a crush on her.
A Happy Madison Production, Mall Cop 2 is being produced by Todd Garner, James and Adam Sandler. The pic is slated to film in Las Vegas in April.
Henrie's upcoming projects include WWII drama Little Boy and sports drama 1000 to 1. He recently wrapped production on the Walt Disney biopic Walt Before Mickey.
Henrie also made his directorial debut with the short film Catch, which is making rounds on the festival circuit. He's repped by ICM and Untitled Entertainment.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Mad Men's Kiernan Shipka Discusses Show's 'Bittersweet' Ending with 'Scene' (Exclusive!)
- Jennifer Aniston & Anna Kendrick Get Emotional Lying Down on Train Tracks for 'Cake'
- Courteney Cox & Kate Walsh Party with 'Vanity Fair' at Tribeca!
- Lily Allen Praises Pop Divas in 'Sheezus' Music Video - Watch Now!