'Mall Cop' Director Steve Carr Tackling 'Wedding Day' (Exclusive)
The ensemble comedy to be made for CBS Films was written by Andrew Goldberg, whose script landed on the 2011 Black List.
Steve Carr is in negotiations to direct the CBS Films ensemble comedy The Wedding Day, being produced by Andrew Lazar and his Mad Chance shingle.
The script, written by Andrew Goldberg, was on the 2011 Black List. It revolves around a number of guests who meet -- and whose personalities collide -- over the course of one day at a wedding.
Maria Faillace and Ryan Conroy are overseeing for CBS Films.
The project will put Carr in his sweet spot: comedies. He directed Paul Blart: Mall Cop, which grossed $180 million worldwide in 2009 and helped transition Kevin James from TV and to the big screen. He also found success with the 2003 Eddie Murphy comedy Daddy Day Care, which grossed more than $103 million domestically.
Other credits include Next Friday and Dr. Dolittle 2.
Carr is repped by ICM Partners, Principato Young and Jackoway Tyerman.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Man Sings Frozen's 'Let It Go' in 21 Different Disney Voices & It's as Amazing as You'd Think!
- Neil Patrick Harris Skypes in Shirtless for 'How I Met Your Mother' PaleyFest Panel!
- Three Grandmas Read Beyonce's 'Drunk in Love' Lyrics & Their Reactions Are Hilarious - Watch Now!
- Lena Dunham & Allison Williams Are 'Girls' Jetting Out of LAX!