Man Arrested After Telling Facebook He Planned to Shoot at L.A. Students
Weapons were found after police raided the suspect's home on Sunday.
A man from Los Angeles was arrested on Sunday after posting threats on Facebook saying he would shoot multiple elementary schools in the area, the Los Angeles Times reports.
Police raided the suspect's home in Northeast L.A. at 2 p.m. on Sunday, and found "numerous weapons inside." He was arrested on suspicion of making criminal threats. His identity has not yet been revealed by the authorities, nor were the locations of the targeted schools. The investigation is ongoing.
The arrest came on the same day that LAPD Chief Charlie Beck announced that L.A. schools would get dedicated patrols after students return from holiday break -- a direct response to the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting on Friday that took 20 first-graders' lives and shocked the nation.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10