Man Dies at Virgin Media's V Festival in Britain
The Stone Roses and The Killers were part of the lineup at the closing day of the music festival Sunday.
LONDON - Police on Sunday reported what they called a still "unexplained" death of a 22-year-old man at Virgin Media's V Festival this weekend.
The British man was pronounced dead after being found in a tent in an unresponsive state at the music festival at Weston Park in Staffordshire, England, according to the London Evening Standard. The report said the death is not being treated as suspicious.
A spokesman for V Festival said: “We are all very saddened by this tragic incident, and we want to extend our deepest sympathies to the family of this young man. Our team worked throughout the night to support those affected at the festival site, and we want to thank everyone for their cooperation and support during the incident.”
“At this stage, the death is being treated as unexplained, and police are keen to speak to anyone else at the V Festival who may have information or may have seen the male during the evening," the Evening Standard quoted a police spokesman as saying. “We are very saddened by the tragic death of this young man, and we are working to establish the full facts and build a picture of his actions in the few hours before his death."
The Stone Roses, The Killers and Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds were part of the lineup at the festival's closing day Sunday.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR