Man Fakes Mugging to Avoid Telling Wife He Had No Oprah Tickets
Robert Spearing faces felony charges for disorderly conduct and for filing a false police report.
A 44-year-old Canadian man says he concocted a lie that he was mugged so he wouldn't have to tell his wife that he had no tickets to Oprah Winfrey's final show. PHOTOS: Oprah's most memorable moments
Robert Spearing faces felony charges for telling police that two men roughed him up in Chicago and took the coveted tickets.
According to local reports, he later confessed to making up the story because he was afraid to tell his wife that they had traveled all the way to Chicago without tickets. He told police he faked his injuries by cutting his own forehead with a rock and scraping his hands on the sidewalk.
Spearing was charged with one count of felony disorderly conduct for filing a false police report. He is due for another court hearing next Tuesday.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'
- Ian Somerhalder Sings Smokey Robinson Classic in 'Esquire China' Behind the Scene Video - Watch Now!
- 'Glee'Actor Harry Shum Jr. is Engaged to Girlfriend Shelby Rabara!
- Nicole Richie Proudly Rocks New Purple Hair at Lunch with Joel Madden!
- Zooey Deschanel's 'New Girl' & Mindy Kaling's 'Mindy Project' Get Early Renewals From Fox!