Man Fakes Mugging to Avoid Telling Wife He Had No Oprah Tickets
Robert Spearing faces felony charges for disorderly conduct and for filing a false police report.
A 44-year-old Canadian man says he concocted a lie that he was mugged so he wouldn't have to tell his wife that he had no tickets to Oprah Winfrey's final show. PHOTOS: Oprah's most memorable moments
Robert Spearing faces felony charges for telling police that two men roughed him up in Chicago and took the coveted tickets.
According to local reports, he later confessed to making up the story because he was afraid to tell his wife that they had traveled all the way to Chicago without tickets. He told police he faked his injuries by cutting his own forehead with a rock and scraping his hands on the sidewalk.
Spearing was charged with one count of felony disorderly conduct for filing a false police report. He is due for another court hearing next Tuesday.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'