Man Posing as Nick Cannon Employee Steals Jewelry From Fred Segal
The imposter lured a store staffer to the Roosevelt Hotel, where he talked her into giving up thousands of dollars worth of jewelry but never returned with the cash.
A man posing as an employee of Nick Cannon has stolen thousands of dollars worth of jewelry from Fred Segal, TMZ reports.
According to the site, a person who called himself "Michael" rang up Fred Segal's Santa Monica store and said he worked for the America's Got Talent host (and husband of Mariah Carey).
He asked the store's staffer to meet him at the Roosevelt Hotel in Hollywood with some jewelry, and when she showed up, she was reportedly greeted by a man saying he was a security guard. He then asked her to hand over the jewels, saying he wanted to go up to Cannon's room to get cash so he wouldn't have to pay taxes.
The Fred Segal employee complied -- and the man never returned.
According to TMZ, the Los Angeles Police Department is investigating. It's unclear exactly how much the jewelry was worth.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR