Man Shot Dead for Eating Popcorn Too Loudly During 'Black Swan' Screening
Latvian police arrested a fellow audience member suspected in the shooting.
Latvian police said they have arrested a 27-year-old man for shooting a fellow audience member during a screening of Black Swan over how loudly he had been eating popcorn, according to reports.
The 42-year-old moviegoer later died from his wounds.
Witnesses told the Latvian news agency Leta that the conflict began over how loudly the deceased man was eating his popcorn. According to police, the incident occurred as the Black Swan credits rolled during a screening Saturday night in the central multiplex cinema in the Latvian capital, Riga.
Black Swan is up for five Oscars at Sunday's ceremony, including best picture, best actress for Natalie Portman and best director for Darren Aronofsky.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR