Man Slashes Wrists Outside 'Today' Show Studio
Matt Lauer tells viewers the unidentified man, tackled by security on Rockefeller Plaza, is being treated for his wounds.
A man with a knife injured himself outside the Today show studios on Rockefeller Plaza before being stopped by police and security personnel, Matt Lauer said on Thursday.
Witnesses said that the man had ranted about the Internal Revenue Service before yelling "I’m going to cut myself!" twice and attempting to harm himself, the New York Daily News reported.
Widely circulated amateur video captured by an apparent bystander, identified as @SirAnduck on Twitter, shows a man on the plaza being tackled by security. The Today show crew gave multiple updates on Twitter and addressed the incident on the morning program.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR