Management Buy-Out at Germany's Yellow Bird Pictures
The former subsidiary of "Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" producers Yellow Bird splits from its parent company.
COLOGNE, Germany - Munich-based production company Yellow Bird Pictures has split from its Swedish parent - The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo producers Yellow Bird - following a management buyout by Yellow Bird Pictures managing director Oliver Schundler.
Schuldner will continue to operate the German production house under the name Lucky Bird Pictures. Producers Astrid Kassel and Boris Ausserer will stay on board.
Sweden's Yellow Bird set up the German subsidiary in 2008 to produce TV and film drama both in German and as German-Scandinavian co-productions. Among their small screen productions were The Man From Beijing, a TV movie based on the thriller by Swedish author Henning Mankell (Wallander) which starred The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo's Michael Nyqvist and German actress Suzanne von Borsody.
Lucky Bird has several productions in development, including a feature film based on Ghosthunters, the children's fantasy franchise from best-selling author Cornelia Funke (Inkheart), which is set to begin shooting next year.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Cultural Appropriation FAQs, Featuring Vanessa Hudgens And The Return Of The Celebrity Bindi
- Katy Perry's 'Birthday' Music Video Ruins All Birthday Parties
- Betty White Tells Larry King She Doesn't Understand Homophobes
- Annecy attendees will be the first to feast their eyes on "Feast," Walt Disney Animation Studios' newest short